Murray & Roberts Cementation has identified a need within the mining industry - a requirement of a design build service for independent design build services for shaft sinking and related mining. This specialist service was a natural expansion of the in-house design services provided to support operational divisions. The service integrates the practical knowledge of the operations with the design ability of the Mine Engineering department and the data banks of the estimating and scheduling department.
The result is a service that provides clients with a practical design function which has close links with the operational service provided by Murray & Roberts Cementation in shaft sinking, contract mining, raise drilling and other mining services. The international Murray & Roberts Group of mining companies provides a platform for sharing of world’s best practice in the field of shaft sinking and design for the benefit of its clients.
Value offerings from Mine Engineering:
- Conceptual studies relating to shaft design, shaft sinking and infrastructural services;
- Specialist Pre Feasibility and Feasibility studies for the above fields;
- Mine design for sinking, horizontal development, stoping, surface infrastructure and backfilling;
- Shaft and shaft furnishings including hoisting conveyances, loading arrangements and materials handling facilities;
- Draughting (mechanical, structural, piping, electrical, civil);
- Project estimating and scheduling;
- Document control;
- Operational risk assessment.
In this section